[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite OmniSV1500XL

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:42:44 UTC 2007

On 7/16/07, rray_1 at comcast.net <rray_1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I recently purchased a Tripp Lite OmniSV1500XL and I've had no luck
> getting nut to work.
[...]
> # cat /opt/nut/etc/ups.conf
> [omni]
>   driver = tripplite_usb
>   port = /dev/hiddev0
>
> # ll /dev/hiddev0
> crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 180, 96 Jul 13 05:48 /dev/hiddev0

The permissions on /dev/hiddev* nodes are not relevant - all of the
NUT USB drivers (except energizerups) bypass that interface. The
drivers use libusb, which uses either /dev/bus/usb/*/* or
/proc/bus/usb/*/* (strace seems to indicate it is /dev/bus/usb on your
system).

Check the scripts/udev directory for more details on how to fix this.

> # /opt/nut/bin/tripplite_usb -a omni
> Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS and SMARTPRO driver 0.11 (2.2.0)
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.
>
> No matching USB/HID UPS found

For testing, you can just add "-u root" to the command line.

--
- Charles Lepple