[Nut-upsuser] Nut fsd command ignored: bcmxcp_usb driver, Powerware 5105 UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 23:32:03 UTC 2007

On 7/25/07, Stuart Rackham <srackham at methods.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm having a  problem with the bcmxcp_usb driver FSD command: everything
> seems to work apart from:
>
>    upsmon -c fsd
>
> Environment: Ubuntu 7.04, nut 2.0.5-1, nut-usb 2.0.5-1, Powerware 3105
> UPS.
>
> upsd appears to send the FSD command to the UPS, upsmon then runs my
> NOTIFYCMD (which halts my PC) but the UPS just doesn't turn off.
> Here are the /var/log/daemon.log entries:

I have seen a similar problem with usbhid-ups on an MGE Pulsar
Evolution with Ubuntu 7.04. The machine shuts down on the LB signal,
but the UPS stays on.

My suspicion is that there is something in the Ubuntu shutdown
procedure that is killing the driver (or upsd) before it can send the
shutdown command to the UPS.

I haven't had a chance to verify this, though.

--
- Charles Lepple