[Nut-upsuser] abusing nut ups to do temperature shutdown WHILEmonitoring UPS'es

Doug Parsons doparsons at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 26 12:18:29 UTC 2007

I have a plan to do the same thing. The approach I was going to take is to
use several fake ups units that use contact closure style drivers. The use a
contact closure from the temp sensor to send the fake UPS units into LB
status. If the are fake units and all servers monitor for these in addition
to the real ones. Then you can set your needed count to shut down when the
temp goes high. You will need some of these relays to be feed from the same
source as the UPS units so that in a real power failure the fake units go
off line.

I have 30+ servers listening to one master so my config will be a little
complex. If this sound feasible I can go into more detail.

User intervention will be required in this case also. But until the room is
inspected and the cause is determined I do not want the servers coming back
on line.

Doug