[Nut-upsuser] "Communications lost" temporarily at every startup

Paul Mogren fkamogee at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 15:05:30 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm using NUT with an MGE Ellipse USB, which I
understand to be rather slow to respond. Every time I
start the NUT services, I get the "Communications
lost" notifications at first, but then it starts to
work normally. I've increased polling frequencies in
upsmon.conf to the point that I get only one
"Communications lost" before it starts to work, but I
can't find a way to configure a delay before that
initial check. Is that possible? If not, could I get
around it by modifying the startup script to sleep for
a bit inbetween launching the various services? I'm
running all three on one machine.

Thanks,
Paul