[Nut-upsuser] OMNIVS1500XL and FreeBSD

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:48:35 CET 2007

On 3/5/07, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
> > So if you plug it in to an OS X box, do
> > you see an "UPS" tab in the "Energy Saver" control panel?
>
> I visit the site with the UPS on Wednesday's so I'll verify it then, but
> I'm fairly sure it's supported.

The reason I ask is that I have only seen support for Power-Device
Class (PDC) HID UPSes, not this emulated-serial stuff. PDC is
standard, and does not depend on any of the manufacturer's legacy
serial commands.

> I was also pointed to this for the OS-X side of things:
>
> http://developer.apple.com/hardwaredrivers/download/usbdebug.html
>
> It mentions that these kernel extension replacements offer some degree of
> logging.  I'll get that loaded up before my visit and see what exactly the
> logging facilities look like.

Be careful - I just crashed my machine twice by trying to activate
that. To top it off, I don't think it logs much beyond "this device
was plugged in".

--
- Charles Lepple