[Nut-upsuser] nut upset after Oops

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Mar 6 16:48:08 CET 2007

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When my kernel oopses (not ups/nut related) nut is somewhat upset and
> keeps complaining that power is gone, and restored, etc, etc, etc.
>
> How can I fix this?

Please start by providing some information. What NUT version are you
using, what driver? What messages do you see? How frequently? Does
unplugging and replugging the UPS help? Does restarting the driver
help? Does restarting upsd help? Does restarting upsmon help? All this
information might be useful in pinpointing the problem.

It could be as simple as you didn't set pollinterval correctly in your
ups.conf, or MAXAGE in upsd.conf, or DEADTIME or POLLFREQ in
upsmon.conf (see ups.conf(5), upsd.conf(5), upsmon.conf(5)). Or it
could be something more complicated.

-- Peter