[Nut-upsuser] nut upset after Oops

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 6 16:48:11 CET 2007

Arjen de Korte wrote:
>> When my kernel oopses (not ups/nut related) nut is somewhat upset and
>> keeps complaining that power is gone, and restored, etc, etc, etc.
>>
>> How can I fix this?
>
> Which NUT version? UPS connected through serial or USB? Operating system?
> What is the reason the kernel oopes? Is this a one time occurence, or does
> it happen continuously until you restart NUT?

Sorry for the obvious lack of info.
I am using FC6 Linux, oops is probably because of VIA C3/GCC issues.
named is the process that 's causing the oops every now and then
although it is the stock FC6 binary.
Kernel is 2.6.20.1.

Nut keeps complaining at least until I restart nut. (just as when USB
traffic causes nut issues)
Sometimes even after the restart nut keeps complaining even though the
UPS is OK.

Udo