[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite SU6000RT4U - not supported?

Kevin DeGraaf kevin at kdegraaf.net
Fri Mar 9 22:37:37 CET 2007

> Install libusb-dev and re-run "./configure".

*sigh*  Sorry about missing that.

With libusb-dev installed and 2.0.5 successfully built, I receive this
error when I run *without* the "explore" option:

=== BEGIN ===
# newhidups -DD -u root -a tl6000
This particular Tripp Lite device (09ae/4002) is not (or perhaps not
yet) supported by newhidups. First try the tripplite_usb driver. If
this fails, please write to the NUT developer's mailing list.
=== END ===

The tripplite_usb driver doesn't match this UPS either, and doesn't
support the "explore" option.

Turning on "exploration" with newhidups yields promising results:

=== BEGIN ===
# newhidups -DD -u root -x explore -x vendorid=09ae -a tl6000
[ ... snipped ... ]
Detected a UPS: Tripp Lite      /TRIPP LITE UPS
Using subdriver: EXPLORE HID 0.1
[ ... Snipped; full output at http://kdegraaf.net/nut3.txt ... ]

Is it possible/advisable to put NUT into production with newhidups
running in "exploratory" mode?

Alternatively, can you use the full output of the command (available on
my website) to add support for this model into the development tree?  I
could probably bribe someone with an item from an Amazon or Thinkgeek
wish list...  :-)

Thanks.

--
Kevin DeGraaf