[Nut-upsuser] Is newhidups driver still in memory just before o/s halt ?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 18:25:07 CET 2007

On 3/23/07, Marc Rechté <marc2 at rechte.fr> wrote:
> Hello Wolfy,
>
> This is what I wanted to avoid: tempering with Red Hat supplied files,
> especially these scripts may be tricky and also are overwritten by
> initscripts updates. I think that for the time being I will not not
> shutdown the UPS (though this was working with a serial driver).

You might be able to set a longer timeout and do the shutdown as a K99
init.d script. (Or K00, I forget how the shutdown order goes.)

Also, I think that certain scripts in /etc are marked as config files,
and will not be overwriiten (the rpm program just creates a .rpm-new
file or something)

--
- Charles Lepple