[Nut-upsuser] Starting Network UPS Tools: (upsdrvctl failed) upsd upsmon ?

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Sat Mar 24 14:52:10 CET 2007

Hi Theo,

You can try to run the driver only with the ups.conf.

Locate the bcmxcp_usb driver. then run this command.

/path/to/bcmxcp_usb -DD -a powerware

(exchange the /path/to with the right path)

Now it should spit out som debug info if the communication is ok.

You should also upgrade to the 2.0.5 version as (think it was) Arjen
found one bad typo in the shutdown functions. Also you should set
the shutdown_delay to 60 in the ups.conf as it warns that it could
not run more than 60 sec after it signaling low battery.

This time is used to power off the ups after a low battery warning.
So it should give a shutdown -h now on battery low, then run for 60 sec
and power off. Normal a machine should manage to go down to halt in this
time. But with 2.0.4 it would not power off (se above).

Regards
Kjell