[Nut-upsuser] Re: Nut-upsuser Digest, Vol 21, Issue 29

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Mar 29 07:42:45 CET 2007

>> THANKS, but the 'megatec' driver only works whith windows OS via USB,
>> and i need it for red hat OS with USB-serial connection...
> No need to be upset, what Arjen de Korte was referring to was that the
> ups use the megatec protocol.

Yes. And since you appear to be using a USB-to-serial converter, you
should use the 'megatec' driver from nut-2.0.5.

> But as the megatec_usb driver is new in the NetworkUpsTools he say that
> you need to build it from source.

No. Apparently, the UPS has a serial connection and is connected through
an USB-to-serial converter, so the megatec_usb driver can't be used. You
need the 'megatec' driver from nut-2.0.5.

> There is no new RPM's for RH9 that include this driver.

There may be RPM's for RH9 for nut-2.0.5. I don't know, I only have RPM's
for openSUSE. Anyone?

Eindhoven - The Netherlands