[Nut-upsuser] Request: Ability to turn down the verbosity in logging

4stuiw902 at sneakemail.com 4stuiw902 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 29 04:05:00 UTC 2007

First of all thanks to everyone for creating NUT. It has been really useful since I replaced my home UPS last month.

However, the I attached some Cacti logging to the NUT server to get a sense of my power load. I've been going through my computers to try to reduce the amount of electricity they're using.

I noticed that NUT itself keeps the disks from spinning down in the NUT server because it keeps logging the user logins and logouts to the syslog.

I'd like to request that the common logging facility be amended to include levels of notification so I can choose to only receive errors or all information as it is currently.