[Nut-upsuser] Ubuntu 7.04 startup/shutdown script?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 20:22:51 UTC 2007

Hi Mark

2007/8/18, Mark Lanctot <mark.lanctot at gmail.com>:
> Hello:
>
> In the NUT install instructions it requests the user construct
> scripts, but I notice a very nice script written by Arnaud Quette was
> created and exists in /etc/init.d as well as symlinks in /etc/rc0.d
> and a few other rcX.d directories.
>
> However it doesn't look like it executes on startup or (most
> importantly) execute shutdown automatically on loss of line power.
>
> Should it have worked "out of the box"?  Do I have to do anything to
> get this script to work?
>
> The commands to start the driver and daemon are very simple, I don't
> believe the commands to shutdown are.  I'm a Linux newbie and I'll
> have to figure out how to get the scripts to work at the Ubuntu
> forums.

you should read /usr/share/doc/nut/README.Debian.gz
since I presume you have already configured /etc/nut/*, I think you've
missed (6) /etc/default/nut

as a side note, if you're the owner of an USB UPS, you should really
like the new NUT HAL binding. A single package to install, you plug
your UPS and you're protected. Still work in progress.

Arnaud
Ubuntu Media Center (UMC) Project Leader - https://launchpad.net/~umc-team