[Nut-upsuser] compatibility with Tripps SMART/OMNI/OMNISMART ?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 20:48:03 UTC 2007

On 9/5/07, Lucian Wischik <lu at wischik.com> wrote:
> I've having trouble understanding the NUT compatibility page.
>
> Is it compatible with the OMNISMART300? Or the OMNI900LCD?

I believe the OMNI900LCD is also supported by the usbhid-ups driver,
but if you haven't seen any email messages on the list about the
OMNISMART300, then we probably haven't run across it yet.

Tripp Lite has a habit of changing hardware without changing the model
name, so the best thing to do is try the drivers.

What would also be helpful is sending some info about the device -
does it have USB ports, serial ports, etc.? What does lsusb say if the
USB port is plugged in?

--
- Charles Lepple