[Nut-upsuser] mge-shut and hardware error on MGE Pulsar Evolution 800

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Sep 10 19:12:36 UTC 2007

> My MGE Pulsar Evolution 800 had some hardware troubles (it may be the
> batteries according to the manual). The fault was not detected so the
> power was cut to the load and nothing appears in the log files.

Please be as specific as possible to describing what kind of problem you
had. Which driver (and interface) are you using and which NUT version are
we talking about.

> Arnaud: do you know if the UPS have some way to report this kind of
> troubles to the PC so that NUT can handle it with a shutdown sequence ?

Note that the only *automatic* shutdown NUT supports, is for a low battery
situation, since that might not need user intervention to clear. Chances
are that there are ways to detect the problem you're having (depending on
what driver you're using), but I doubt that this will result in NUT
initiating a shutdown. It might throw an alarm, but this usually means
that it still requires user intervention to deal with/correct the
situation.

Eindhoven - The Netherlands