[Nut-upsuser] mge-shut and hardware error on MGE Pulsar Evolution 800

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Sep 11 09:03:47 UTC 2007

>>> I would have liked to fine something in my log files. I know the
>>> problem occured between 14:15 and 14:29 but not much :(
>> I guess it was a power outage and the battery failed the moment it
>> really had to provide power. Regarding the age of the battery, this is
>> quite a likely failure mode.
> I have another UPS which did not record any power failure according to
> upsmon so it may be during an automatic test of the UPS that the fault
> occured.

That of course, is also a possibility. In which case, there is probably
nothing we can *ever* do about this. If everything looks normal before the
tests, but the UPS fails during the test, we're toast. There can be a
number of failures for this, not limited to the battery alone (a relay
failing for instance, which is a nasty failure mode for line interactive
UPS'es or bypass switches).

Eindhoven - The Netherlands