[Nut-upsuser] driver for my ups

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Thu Sep 13 08:14:19 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Alexander Fradiani <a_fradiani at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  > If it also has serial port, it should be supported by "megatec". If it
> > is USB only, you may try "megatec_usb" to see if it works.
>
> thanks for the answer, just two more questions
> i´ve been searching for the "megatec_usb" driver, but can't find it yet.
> where should i get it.

The "megatec_usb" driver was introduced in NUT 2.2.0 (the current
stable release).

> using the "megatec", i get the following:
>     tcgetattr(/dev/bus/usb/002/012): Inappropriate ioctl
> for device
> is that because of the driver, or am i trying to connect to the wrong port
> (the only way i know to identify the port is using the lsusb command).

"megatec" can only drive UPSes connected through the serial port, not
USB (unless your UPS has a true USB-to-serial converter, which I very
much doubt it, and gets assigned a "/dev/ttyUSBx" device by the
kernel).

The Winpower software speaks the megatec protocol, so "megatec_usb" is
your best shot. If it doesn't work, maybe its maintainers can help
modifying it in order to work.

--
Carlos Rodrigues