[Nut-upsuser] Can't get 'load.off' to turn off power to the PC: CyberPower 1200AVR

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Sep 17 15:33:14 UTC 2007

>>> Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>> Which driver are you using?
>
> I'm using the usbhid-ups driver.

Later I realised none of the other drivers in the compatibility list,
mentions 'load.off', so I figured that out already. This driver will look
at the capabilities the UPS reports. If it turns out that it is giving
false information, there is little we can do about that.

Just to make sure we didn't miss something important, can you run the
driver with debugging enabled? Running (as root) something like

    usbhid-ups -DD -a upsname 2>&1 > debug.log

should do the trick. We're interested in the first fifteen seconds of
output or so, so just hit ctrl-break after that time (otherwise it would
continue until you run out of filespace).

> And because I forgot to mention it before, my Linux kernel version is
> 2.6.9.

You mentioned that alright. And in this case (since the driver itself
seems to run and is able to communicate with the UPS), it is not really an
issue.