[Nut-upsuser] Can't get 'load.off' to turn off power to the PC: CyberPower 1200AVR

Mark E. Hansen meh at Winfirst.Com
Mon Sep 17 18:00:25 UTC 2007

On 09/17/07 10:29, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> [...]
>> Offset: 0, Size: 16, Value: -60.000000
>
> Here are the culprits. This is something that is unexpected. We expect a
> value of '-1' for both of these variables if the timers have expired. The
> units are seconds and when setting these values, the timers will count
> down to zero and switch on/off the load. When you want to switch off the
> load, we simply write '0' to UPS.Output.DelayBeforeShutdown and the UPS
> should switch off.
>
> Apparently, the granualarity on you UPS is 1 minute and it will report the
> final time as -60 seconds. This is odd and violates the HID Power Devices
> specification. Having said that, it will probably also violate this with
> regard to the fact that a zero delay is a valid value and may expect
> something like 60 seconds here as minimum delay.

Is it possible that these values are the result of my trying to change
these settings? I don't remember specifically which settings I was trying
to change, but I was trying to configure the UPS to request a shutdown of
my PC earlier during the power failure. Currently, it waits until the
battery is nearly depleted, which leaves no battery after the power comes
back on.

> Changing this, requires rebuilding the package. Can you do that? In that
> case, it is probably best to switch to the development version, where it
> is possible to change this without rebuilding. Let us know if this is an
> option for you and we'll work from there.

I built the package from the sources, and I can certainly do that again.
I can also switch to the development version, if you think that would
make things easier. Will I be able to use my existing configuration files?

If you think I should, I will work on downloading the development version
and get it built and installed and working (as much as the current version
is working, that is). It would be easier for me to just make changes to the
existing version and re-build/install it, but I'll let you decide which
you think is best.

> Best regards, Arjen

Thank you so much for helping me with this, Arjen.