[Nut-upsuser] Can't get 'load.off' to turn off power to the PC: CyberPower 1200AVR

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Sep 18 18:49:41 UTC 2007

Mark E. Hansen wrote:

>> I assume you have read and understood the reasons in the FAQ
>> why we generally recommend against doing that.
> I've read the FAQ and I'm sure I found the entires to which you refer. However,
> what those entries don't consider is the primary problem with waiting until
> the UPS is nearly dead - such as a second power failure soon after the power
> comes back. This is how it normally goes around my neck of the woods.

We are aware of that, see the last paragraph in the 'docs/shutdown.txt'
document. It also suggests another way of dealing with this and which
might be combined with upssched and is more robust. In your case, you
will still have a problem if the time between outages isn't sufficient
to recharge the batteries, even if you decide to shutdown your system at
the first sign of power problems.