[Nut-upsuser] Can't get 'load.off' to turn off power to the PC: CyberPower 1200AVR

Mark E. Hansen meh at Winfirst.Com
Wed Sep 19 14:24:12 UTC 2007

On 09/18/07 11:49, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Mark E. Hansen wrote:
>
>>> I assume you have read and understood the reasons in the FAQ
>>> why we generally recommend against doing that.
>> I've read the FAQ and I'm sure I found the entires to which you refer. However,
>> what those entries don't consider is the primary problem with waiting until
>> the UPS is nearly dead - such as a second power failure soon after the power
>> comes back. This is how it normally goes around my neck of the woods.
>
> We are aware of that, see the last paragraph in the 'docs/shutdown.txt'
> document. It also suggests another way of dealing with this and which
> might be combined with upssched and is more robust. In your case, you
> will still have a problem if the time between outages isn't sufficient
> to recharge the batteries, even if you decide to shutdown your system at
> the first sign of power problems.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Thanks again, Arjen (and others). Once I got home yesterday and tried the
"load.off" command using the new (development) version of the package, and
it now works!

This is great, because I would not be able to get my machine to reboot without
the ability to cut its power.

Best Regards,