[Nut-upsuser] Ever hear of Robanton?

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Wed Sep 19 21:38:24 UTC 2007

> >> Maybe the megatec driver works...
> >>
> > 	:-/ It doesn't.
> >
> > 	There is SUPPOSEDLY a program that will show alot more info, but
> > I haven't gotten it running yet... I also wondered if for FreeBSD anyone
> > knew of a "tcpdump" for serial communications. This way if it IS
> > doing something never seen before, I can trap it for inclusion.
>
> Just just googled for "+serial +sniffer +linux" and found several hits.

	Thanks... It seems the big one is "slsniff", which won't
compile on FreeBSD. "Linux Serial Sniffer" seemed to need to
be intrusive to the cabling and require building the buffering
circuit, so not sure that is viable as I'm not sure it'd take
the signals into account either. Same for Serial "Tap" Cable & Software.
"Scope" couldn't be found on the referenced site. jpnevulator might
work, I invoked it before checking my modem port out (to test
locally) and now I can't get to my modem...

	Unfortunately, though, seems like lots for Linux, scarce
for FreeBSD. I'll keep persuing it, but had hoped someone was using
one on FreeBSD currently.

		Thanks, Tuc