[Nut-upsuser] How can I setup Ubuntu 7.04 feisty + Udev + Nut + Unitek Ups (megatec) + Usb ????

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Fri Sep 21 22:45:26 UTC 2007

On 9/21/07, Carlos Rodrigues <cefrodrigues at mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
> > The UPS is detected on system level but "upsdrvctl"  can't access  to
> > the device ...
>
> The megatec driver only supports UPSes connected through the serial
> port, not USB. If you have a serial port available and your UPS also
> has this kind of connection, it should work though.
>
> For USB, the megatec_usb driver available in NUT 2.2.0 may support your UPS.

But you may try to use it with something like "port = /dev/ttyUSB0"
first to see if it works.

The output you pasted in your message shows the device as a "USB to
RS232 interface", but these UPSes usually are more complicated than
just the standard megatec protocol over a serial connection "emulated"
over USB. But one never knows.

--
Carlos Rodrigues