[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite 1500XL problems, continued.

Junk Mail junk at chassit.com
Sat Sep 22 00:55:49 UTC 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Arjen de Korte wrote:

>> send_cmd(msg_len=2, type='B')
>> send_cmd: send_try = 3, recv_try = 10

> This seems to happen with other NUT drivers for USB devices as well.
> Personally, I think the best course of action would be *not* to complain
> about spurious reconnects in the logs. Only if the device isn't available
> after (say) three consecutive tries, assume it is disconnected.

Really? other drivers, too? very interesting! I had been assuming it was
unique to this model.

I think the above debug line says that the driver tried sending the
command 3 times, and tried to receive it 10 times before giving up. The
*reconnect* attempt works immediately, though. I agree that this may not
need to be logged. :)

However... ironically, if this happens to some people, but not others it
may be something common about thier setup, other than the UPS device or
driver. I suspect something in the usb/devfs/kernel module space, but this
is *way* over my head.

Thanks,
-Tree