[Nut-upsuser] How can I setup Ubuntu 7.04 feisty + Udev + Nut + Unitek Ups (megatec) + Usb ????

Sébastien CRAMATTE s.cramatte at wanadoo.fr
Sat Sep 22 10:19:11 UTC 2007

Charles Lepple escribió:

>>> The megatec driver only supports UPSes connected through the serial
>>> port, not USB. If you have a serial port available and your UPS also
>>> has this kind of connection, it should work though.
>>>
>>> For USB, the megatec_usb driver available in NUT 2.2.0 may support your UPS.
>>>
>> But you may try to use it with something like "port = /dev/ttyUSB0"
>> first to see if it works.
>>

> The fact that it shows up as a node in /dev/event is a good sign that
> it is not recognized as a USB-to-RS-232 bridge by the kernel
> (programmatically; the kernel does not look at the USB product
> string).
>
> You might still have some luck with megatec_usb, though. Search the
> list archives for Arnaud's message about backported debs for Ubuntu,
> and that should make it easier to try NUT 2.2.0.

I've upgraded to NUT 2.2.0
But still doesn't works   ... lsusb doesn't see the UPS ...  Normally it
should appear  on "Bus006 Device 001"

Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 008 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0f03:0001
Bus 006 Device 003: ID 10d6:1100 Actions Semiconductor Co., Ltd MPMan
MP-Ki 128 MP3 Player/Recorder
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 058f:6362 Alcor Micro Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

I haven't got  /dev/ttyUSB0

I really need to support for my UPS !
How can I help to implement support for Unitek 650ipE Usb UPS ?

Regards