[Nut-upsuser] mge galaxy 6000 three-phase supported or not?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Sep 25 07:18:38 UTC 2007

>> i just wonder, if it is posible to read the values for all the three
>> phases of a mge galaxy 6000 ups?
> From looking at the mgemib part of the snmp-ups it doesn't read the data
> of all 3 phases (yet). Though this should be fairly easy to add.

I have added this in my local copy for the MGE MIB, so it could work.

> If the mge snmp adapter supports queries using the ietf mib that is
> another way to get that data. though ietfmib.h in the current version
> (and svn) is broken. (Arjen can you add the patch i sent you a while ago?
> ietfmib.h uses the wrong OID for the query)

Could you send that patch again? As far as I know, I committed all patches
you sent, so it could be that I missed one.

> And all snmp-ups driven upsen don't support shutdowns properly (yet).

They probably never will support it in the same way as other NUT drivers
do. This is because by the time we run 'upsdrvctl shutdown', we won't have
networking capabilities anymore. So the only way to shutdown a SNMP UPS is
by sending it an instcmd "shutdown.(return|stayoff|reboot)". This requires
careful planning, as you want to make sure that the system you send this
command from, has enough time to shutdown cleanly. You can either do this
by allowing sufficient delay before the shutdown, or powering it from an
alternative power source. Neither of these is without risk, so we must
consider this carefully.

Eindhoven - The Netherlands