[Nut-upsuser] mge galaxy 6000 three-phase supported or not?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Sep 25 12:20:51 UTC 2007

>>> From looking at the mgemib part of the snmp-ups it doesn't read the
>>> data of all 3 phases (yet). Though this should be fairly easy to add.
>> I have added this in my local copy for the MGE MIB, so it could work.
> excellent... is there any driver that you dont enhance? ;-)

Sure. I sometimes break them... :-)

>> Could you send that patch again? As far as I know, I committed all
>> patches you sent, so it could be that I missed one.
> no problem

Ah, I found it again. I forgot to commit this (the patch looks clean, so I
think we can safely add this).

[...]

> I was about to evaluate the use of a sufficient delay... once I have a
> maintenance window on my boxes I'll test that. The last scheduled
> power-outage was so short that the upsen didn't come anywhere near a
> shutdown... ;-)

The thing that stopped me from adding this, is how to make the delay
configurable. We can probably use the 'ups.delay.(start|shutdown|reboot)'
(R/W) variables for that and put some sensible defaults in there. On
startup, we would write these values to the UPS (if found in ups.conf) and
then the 'shutdown.stayoff', 'shutdown.restart' and 'shutdown.reboot'
commands would just need to send the repective 'start' command. What do
you think about that? Does that make any sense?