[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.2.2-pre1 released

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Fri Apr 4 21:14:44 UTC 2008

Salut Arnaud,

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:31:36 +0200, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> Network UPS Tools version 2.2.2-pre1 has been released.
>
>  http://www.networkupstools.org/
>
> Direct access:
> - Download: http://www.networkupstools.org/source/2.2/testing/nut-2.2.2-pre1.tar.gz
> - News: http://www.networkupstools.org/source/2.2/testing/new-2.2.2-pre1.txt
> - ChangeLog: http://www.networkupstools.org/source/2.2/testing/ChangeLog

I've given a try to this pre-release. Overall, everything looks good, I
did not hit any regression. A more detailed report follows if you are
interested. Thanks a lot for the good work!

My UPS is an APC Back-UPS RS 800, I use the usbhid-ups driver.

I saw the following changes when upgrading from NUT 2.2.1 to 2.2.2-pre1:

* battery.temperature changed from 28 degrees C to 29.2 degrees C. Note
  that I am a bit skeptical about the reported value though, as it
  basically never changed since I installed the UPS over a month ago,
  while the room temperature did change a lot over this period of time.
  I also remember that all the apcupsd reports I found for this
  particular UPS model had exactly 29.2 degrees C as the battery
  temperature. Very suspicious isn't it? FWIW, the Windows tool that
  comes with this UPS doesn't display any temperature value. I suspect
  that the UPS doesn't actually have a temperature sensor and is
  returning an arbitrary temperature value instead.

* ups.delay.shutdown changed from -1 to 20. 3 new attributes appeared:
  ups.delay.start (30), ups.timer.reboot (0) and ups.timer.shutdown
  (-1). No idea what the last 2 are.

* 3 new commands appeared: load.off.delay, load.on, and shutdown.return.
  I didn't try them, as I'm not sure I understand what "load" means in
  this context, and I wouldn't want to accidentally kill my server.

--
Jean Delvare