[Nut-upsuser] new information to understand

Chris Fanning christopher.fanning at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 14:34:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been using nut for a while on a UPS with the generic driver. It
has worked well. Thankyou.

I've just installed a new UPS 'INVERTER Atlantic Star T3' and their
documentation speaks of megatec.
So I tried it. And I get lots of wonderful information I'm not used to seeing.

# upsc my_sai at localhost
battery.charge: 100.0
battery.voltage: 2.31
battery.voltage.nominal: 96.0
driver.name: megatec
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.version: 2.0.4
driver.version.internal: 1.4
input.frequency: 49.9
input.voltage: 229.0
input.voltage.fault: 229.0
input.voltage.maximum: 230.4
input.voltage.minimum: 224.9
output.voltage: 220.8
output.voltage.nominal: 220.0
ups.delay.shutdown: 2
ups.delay.start: 3
ups.load: 40.0
ups.mfr:
ups.model:  2.1
ups.serial: unknown
ups.status: OL
ups.temperature: 38.0

Could I please ask some questions about this?
What is battery.voltage and battery.voltage.nominal ?
How about input.voltage.fault: and input.voltage.maximum ?
Are the ups.delay.shutdown: ups.delay.start: for custom commands?

Thankyou.
Any other observations would be appreciated too.

Chris.