[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.2.2-pre2 released

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Apr 19 07:06:08 UTC 2008

>> You'll want to rebuild this based on the bundled .spec file, something
>> like
>>
>> rpmbuild -ba nut.spec
>>
>> This will handle the configuration stuff for you.
>
> I've been looking at
> /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/nut-2.2.2/packaging/madriva/nut.spec which even
> though at version 2.0.1 is probably the closest to what is needed for nut
> 2.2.2 on openSUSE 10.3, but it seems to me that I should teach myself how
> to build rpm packages before plunging into such a complex configuration.

You're making this far more complex than needed. With the RPMs I sent you,
I also included the source RPM for nut (which was built on openSUSE 10.3
by the way). Extract that with

    rpm -Uvh nut-2.2.2-pre2.src.rpm

and then rebuild the lot with

   rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/packages/SPECS/nut.spec

There is also a command to do this in one go, but I don't remember this at
the moment. If your system is setup correctly, this will build a 64 bit
version of NUT and place the RPMs you need somewhere in a subdirectory of
/usr/src/packages/RPMS.

> A better approach for me would be to revert to a 32 bit OS, but this will
> take a little while.

What you need, is to dig a little deeper in how your RPM based
distribution handles rebuilding packages... :-)

Eindhoven - The Netherlands