[Nut-upsuser] 2.2.2-pre2 64 bit rpm tested on openSUSE 10.3

Roger Price rprice at cs.uml.edu
Mon Apr 21 12:44:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008, Roger Price wrote:

> # /etc/ups/upssched.conf
> CMDSCRIPT /usr/sbin/upssched-cmd
> PIPEFN /var/run/ups/upssched.pipe
> LOCKFN /var/run/ups/upssched.lock ...

No surprise here, it's just more n00b fumbling.  The correct answer, which
is provided by the rpm but which I wrongly ignored, is:

# /etc/ups/upssched.conf
CMDSCRIPT /usr/sbin/upssched-cmd
PIPEFN /var/lib/ups/upssched/upssched.pipe
LOCKFN /var/lib/ups/upssched/upssched.lock ...

I created directory /var/lib/ups/upssched since it hadn't happened
automatically.  Should it happen?  I see no mention in nut-2.2.2-pre2.spec
%install or %post.

I restarted nut with the command
    rcupsd restart
disconnected the UPS from the wall and after 120 secs the command
'shutdown -h +2' kicked in and a further 2 minutes later the machine
shutdown.

An immediate re-connection to the wall does not restart the machine.  I
had to wait for the UPS itself to power off before a wall reconnection
would restart UPS and PC.

My thanks to the NUT team for their software, patience and assistance!
Roger