[Nut-upsuser] 2.2.2-pre2 64 bit rpm tested on openSUSE 10.3

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Apr 21 13:12:54 UTC 2008

Roger Price wrote:

> No surprise here, it's just more n00b fumbling.  The correct answer, which
> is provided by the rpm but which I wrongly ignored, is:
>
> # /etc/ups/upssched.conf
> CMDSCRIPT /usr/sbin/upssched-cmd
> PIPEFN /var/lib/ups/upssched/upssched.pipe
> LOCKFN /var/lib/ups/upssched/upssched.lock ...
>
> I created directory /var/lib/ups/upssched since it hadn't happened
> automatically.  Should it happen?  I see no mention in nut-2.2.2-pre2.spec
> %install or %post.

I'm busy with fixing the .spec file, based on the input you're
providing. It should be created automatically, although yours doesn't at
the moment.

> I restarted nut with the command
>     rcupsd restart
> disconnected the UPS from the wall and after 120 secs the command
> 'shutdown -h +2' kicked in and a further 2 minutes later the machine
> shutdown.
>
> An immediate re-connection to the wall does not restart the machine.

Be patient, it will restart (but not immediately).

> I had to wait for the UPS itself to power off before a wall reconnection
> would restart UPS and PC.

The UPS will reboot automatically. Please try again by running (with the
mains plugged in)

	# upsmon -c fsd

It takes about half a minute before the UPS powers down (seen 'man 8
usbhid-ups'). After that, the output should be off for about ten seconds
and then power up again.