[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite OMNI1000 LCD issues

John Darrah xyllyx at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 04:45:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 09:36:07AM +0200, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> John Darrah wrote:
>> I have determined that the the socket is never created because the program
>> never reaches dstate_init().
>
> It *must* reach this, otherwise it would never reach the part where it
> continuously loops through upsdrv_updateinfo().
>
> [...]
>
>> The following is a section of upsdrv_initups() that i places printf's and
>> noted that it never makes it to the second one shown below. Is stdout being
>> closed somewhere?
>
> Yes, but only when running in not running in debug mode. Please run the
> driver with debug level '-DD' (not higher!) and post the *full* output
> of the first 30 seconds after that here.

Attached is approx 30 sec of output from the following command:

# /usr/src/nut-2.2.1/drivers/usbhid-ups -u root -DD -a trippy > poop.out 2>&1

No extra code or printf's are in the the above exec.

Note that "dstate_init: sock..." does not appear in the output.

FYI: In one test, add the following to dstate_init... It's almost as if
it is not even being called???

void dstate_init(const char *prog, const char *port)
{
        char    sockname[SMALLBUF];

        fprintf(stderr, "@@@2 i made it here!\n"); <<<--- i never see this
        exit(1); <<<------- this does not cause it to exit???

        /* do this here for now */
        signal(SIGPIPE, SIG_IGN);

        fprintf(stderr, "@@@3 i made it here!\n");

        if (port != NULL)
                snprintf(sockname, sizeof(sockname), "%s/%s-%s",
                        dflt_statepath(), prog, port);
        else
                snprintf(sockname, sizeof(sockname), "%s/%s",
                        dflt_statepath(), prog);

        sockfd = open_sock(sockname);

        upsdebugx(2, "dstate_init: sock %s open on fd %d", sockname, sockfd); <<<--- not in the debug output???
}

--
John