[Nut-upsuser] Liebert ITON 600 VA

Guenther Boelter gboelter at gbsconsult.net
Thu Apr 24 03:35:44 UTC 2008

Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Guenther Boelter
> <gboelter at gbsconsult.net> wrote:
>>  It has an serial interface and it's the only ups i could found here with
>>  an interface. May be this link could be helpful
>>  http://www.emersonnetworkpower-partner.com/Liebert-ITON-600-VA-50Hz-MY/default.aspx
>
> By the looks of it, it may be supported by the megatec driver.

Can anybody give me an idea what the meaning of this error message:

[root at gbs01 etc]# /usr/local/ups/sbin/upsd -4 -DDDDDD
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.2.1
listen_add: added 0.0.0.0:3493
setuptcp: try to bind to 0.0.0.0 port 3493
listening on 0.0.0.0 port 3493
Can't connect to UPS [myups] (megatec-myups): No such file or directory
/usr/local/ups/etc/upsd.users is world readable
sstate_dead: connection to driver socket for UPS [myups] lost

Which file or directory could be missing?

I have installed NUT under Fedora 8 using the rpm's and I got this
message. Then I have deinstalled the rpm-version and have installed it
directly from nut-2.2.1.tar.gz, but the problem is the same.

Many thanks in advance.

Guenther