[Nut-upsuser] NUT 2.0.4-4 - Debian stable - /etc/killpower not created?

Tobias Balle-Petersen tbp at kontrapunkt.com
Tue Apr 29 12:32:18 UTC 2008

Hello....

I'm testing the functionality of my NUT-setup (NUT 2.0.4-4 - Debian
stable). The system is connected to the UPS, but is not powered by it.

When running "upsmon -c fsd", upsmon says "Auto logout and shutdown
proceeding". This is all well and good, but I never see the machine
waiting for the UPS to cut the power. Instead it shuts down.

It's my understanding that upsmon should create /etc/killpower, report
this found in the syslog, and then wait for the power to be cut.

Maybe I have misunderstood something?

Thanks,
Tobias