[Nut-upsuser] NUT on Mac OSX 10.5

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Aug 18 09:28:14 UTC 2008

> I have iMac24" computer powered by  Back-UPS CS650IE. (USB)
> I Installing NUT using Fink packages from source.
>
> Configuring NUT :
>
> 1. /sw/etc/nut/ups.conf
>
> [CS_650]
>     driver = newhidups
> 	port = /dev/ttyS1

The above (although not incorrect) is confusing. Change to 'port = auto'
in order to prevent confusion (it won't be used).

[...]

Regarding your questions, upgrade to the latest (stable) version
(nut-2.2.2)first. The version you're using now is too old and is no longer
supported. At least one of your questions was addressed in later versions
and possibly the other as well.

Eindhoven - The Netherlands