[Nut-upsuser] problem with Mustek UPS - Freebsd

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Sat Feb 2 20:58:18 UTC 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 8:20 PM, Luki <looky at poczta.fm> wrote:
> I have checked that, I have set 777 to cuaa0 -> serial port (COM1)
> I have run /usr/local/ups/bin/megatec -DDD -a, results are as follows :
>
> [root at plus ~]# /usr/local/ups/bin/megatec -DDD -a server
> Network UPS Tools  - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.4 [megatec]
> Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2007
>
> debug level is '3'
> Starting UPS detection process...
> Attempting to detect the UPS...
> Sending "Q1" command...
> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
> Attempting to detect the UPS...
> Sending "Q1" command...
> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
> Attempting to detect the UPS...
> Sending "Q1" command...
> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
> Attempting to detect the UPS...
> Sending "Q1" command...
> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
> Attempting to detect the UPS...
> Sending "Q1" command...
> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
> 5 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
> Megatec protocol UPS not detected.
>

> I am sorry for bothering you, but do you have idea how to solve it ?

That's strange... Maybe you have a bad cable, or that model doesn't
use the megatec procotol.

What's the name of the software that Mustek ships with that UPS? Have
you been able to use the UPS with any software other that NUT (on
FreeBSD or any other operating system)?

PS: please keep the list CC:ed so that others may have the opportunity
to give their 2 cents.

--
Carlos Rodrigues