[Nut-upsuser] USB UPS on Solaris

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:38:24 UTC 2008

Hi Karl,

2008/2/6, Karl Dalen <k_dal2 at hotmail.com>:

>  Hi Arnaud,
>
> Thanks for posting the README for nut on Solaris.
> I'm using mostly Solaris machines and I found out about NUT
> after I had already written a small application that reads
> input reports from a hid compliant UPS. I did not use
> libusb but used the usb_ugen interface directly.

something like that ;-)

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

> Now, I would still be interested in getting the full nut,
> in particular the usbhid-ups driver, to work under Solaris.
> I recently successfully installed NUT on a Linux machine and
> I'm using usbhid-ups there.
>
> I have a minor problem in building NUT for Solaris. I'm using
> Solaris 10, update 3 From the make script I get the error:
>
> libtool: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed
> gmake[1]: *** [snmp-ups] Error 1
>
> I'm installing as:
> ./configure --with-usb=auto --prefix=/opt/inst/local/nut
> --with-statepath=/var/ups --with-user=pdl --
> with-group=pdl

if you don't use snmp-ups, add "--without-snmp" to your configure options.

Note that I'm interested in looking at your config.log and build
output since NUT 2.4 might face the same problem but on core features
(libupsclient, used by upsc/upsmon/...)

> /usr/sfw/bin/gmake
>
> Any idea on how to fix that? I saw in your README that you
> referred to the distribution file as 'nut-2.1.0-Solaris_USB.tar.gz'
> Is there a special version for Solaris I should use ?

now, that's simply a README I've made for an MGE customer when I've
adapted usbhid-ups to Solaris. These kind of reference have to be
removed.

> I am using the regular nut-2.2.1.tar.gz source.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com