[Nut-upsuser] nut with Belkin "Active Battery Backup" UPS (BU30 series)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 18:29:49 UTC 2008

On Feb 17, 2008 12:35 PM, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:
> > Or, if you don't have all of the prerequisite packages (autoconf,
> > automake, libtool, etc.) needed for building straight from SVN, you
> > can download an SVN tarball from our Buildbot page.
> >
> > http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/
> >
> > Check the first column for the "[tarball]" link - that should have a
> > configure script. It takes about 20 minutes for that to update after
> > a checkin, though, and in general, it isn't as handy as being able to
> > do a "svn update", but it works in a pinch.

Cian,

my original comment still stands.

> Please remember that by not running autoreconf, you're environment should
> be similar to the system that created the tarball. We use autoconf to
> determine some compiler specific things for instance and if yours is
> different, it won't build. Just try it out. If you're running a recent GCC
> it will probably work just fine, but if building fails, chances are that
> the above mentioned shortcut is not possible.

Arjen,

you may be confusing running "autoreconf" with running "./configure".

The tarballs I mentioned are mostly equivalent to what Arnaud creates
at release time, except that they have a slightly different format for
the version number (so that we can tell which SVN revision they came
from).

If a specific buildslave machine doesn't have a package needed for
some aspect of NUT (e.g. HAL, SNMP, SSL), the only side effect is that
it will not test that feature in 'make check' - but it should still
create a configure script that will detect the features properly on
other machines.

--
- Charles Lepple