[Nut-upsuser] Unitek UPS 1250xD - megatec_usb driver

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Sun Feb 17 21:42:50 UTC 2008

On Feb 17, 2008 9:16 PM, Alexander I. Gordeev <lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su> wrote:
> Still I concern about the added latency. I can retry after timeout but
> it means that ser_send_pace will not return for seconds.
>
> I'd rather add a variable in megatec.c to make user decide the number of
> retries before driver declares data stale (0 by default).

Ok, I guess it's no big deal to wait for a couple of polling cycles
before declaring the data as stale. However, we should choose the
number of cycles, not the user. If we can't get the status for a few
cycles, either the UPS as a broken cable or something needs fixing in
the driver.

--
Carlos Rodrigues