[Nut-upsuser] Cyberpower Drive in 2.2.0 Fedora 7

Seann Clark nombrandue at tsukinokage.net
Mon Feb 18 15:59:08 UTC 2008

Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Seann Clark wrote:
>

>> I know others have seen this before, I just never saw any real
>> resolution to it. I am not a programmer, or at the least a very bad one,
>> so I don't think this is something I can do properly myself.
>>
>> I have a Cyberpower 1500 AVR rack mount that worked good, except for the
>> output voltage listing, with an older version of NUT (I don't remember
>> the version of NUT, but the O/s was Fedora Core 6) and with an upgrade I
>> get this from NUT:
>> NUT output
>>
>> battery.charge: 213
>> driver.name: powerpanel
>> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
>> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
>> driver.version: 2.2.0-
>> driver.version.internal: 0.22
>> input.frequency: 70.8
>> input.frequency.nominal: 60
>> input.transfer.high: 147
>> input.transfer.low: 88
>> input.voltage: 132
>> input.voltage.nominal: 120
>> output.voltage: 0
>> ups.beeper.status: enabled
>> ups.firmware: 5.100
>> ups.load: 26
>> ups.mfr: CyberPower
>> ups.model: OP1500
>> ups.serial: [unknown]
>> ups.status: OL TRIM
>> ups.temperature: 144
>>

> As you found out already, the 'powerpanel' driver in nut-2.2.0 (and
> nut-2.2.1 also by the way) didn't have the required conversion functions
> that are needed to scale the readings from the UPS to reasonable values.
>
> This week I took some time to integrate these functions from the
> 'cyberpower' driver into the 'powerpanel' driver. The way to detect that
> these functions are needed is rather crude at the moment (first to
> characters in the model string are "OP") but for starters, this might be
>  good enough.
>
> Could you try this version out? It is currently only available through
> SVN, so you would need to build from the sources. Let us know if you can
> do that, otherwise one of us may be able to send you a pre-build package
> if you let us know which kind of system you have.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Ok, I have run it and tested it (after fighting some really silly
errors, carbon based errors at that, with transferring a configuration
to the new config structure) but my outputs are a lot closer to the normal:
Mon Feb 18-09:54:34-root at Haruhi.tsukinokage.net:etc> upsm status
utility state : normal
charger state : bypass
battery state : normal
input voltage : 119 volts
output voltage : 119 volts
AVR level : normal
battery capacity : 100 %
load level : 48 %
frequency : 60.7 Hz
temperature : 34 C
backup time : 21 minute 0 seconds.
Mon Feb 18-09:54:38-root at Haruhi.tsukinokage.net:etc> upsc
hakuro at 192.168.10.2
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 28
driver.name: powerpanel
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.version: 2.3.0-1290
driver.version.internal: 0.23
input.frequency: 60.2
input.frequency.nominal: 60
input.transfer.high: 145
input.transfer.low: 90
input.voltage: 119
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.voltage: 0
output.voltage.nominal: 120
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.firmware: 5.100
ups.load: 52
ups.mfr: CyberPower
ups.model: OP1500
ups.serial: [unknown]
ups.status: OL
ups.temperature: 39.0

I only see three values that are off, two just by a few digits, load,
temp, and output. I would help out more, but I haven't the foggiest
about how to extract the output data for this easily.

Regards,

Seann Clark