[Nut-upsuser] Cyberpower Drive in 2.2.0 Fedora 7

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Feb 18 19:10:46 UTC 2008

Seann Clark wrote:

[...]

> output.voltage: 0

Apparently, the UPS is not reporting the output voltage when on line.
Does this change if you pull the plug? If so, we can probaly work around
that easily. In reality, the UPS is probably reporting the
'output.voltage', which will be identical to the 'input.voltage' when on
line (most of the time, unless the AVR kicks in, but we have no way to
tell right now).

[...]

> ups.load: 52

Looks reasonable...

[...]

> ups.temperature: 39.0

Not totally unrealistic anymore, probably good enough to see some trends.

> I only see three values that are off, two just by a few digits, load,
> temp, and output. I would help out more, but I haven't the foggiest
> about how to extract the output data for this easily.

What probably needs to be done is building a 'reverse' driver (one that
looks like a UPS and can be controlled by us). Connecting that to the
driver that CyberPower ships might give us enough data to fine tune the
conversion functions.

I will fix the reporting of the output voltage and then submit this
driver for Testing as well. I already have confirmation that the other
two flavors of the CyberPower (new binary and text protocol) are still
in working order.