[Nut-upsuser] usbhid-ups and "data stale"

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:41:42 UTC 2008

2008/2/19, Czuczy Gergely <czuczy at publishing.hu>:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:46:06 +0100
> "Arnaud Quette" <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > the libusb 1.0 project I mentioned the other day might give us a
> > chance to finally solve these issues...
> Mhm... google is a bit quiet on this. Could you give me some pointers
> about this libusb1.0 thingie? If it works on freebsd, maybe I can
> create a port for it, even if it's development code yet, for testing
> proposes.

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2008-February/002922.html

too early to port, but not so early to get in touch and study how
you'll have to do things.

> BTW, this is a FreeBSD 7.0-RC, and there had been some serious changes
> in the USB stack in 7, so this might also be important for you.

the real important point for us is the correct libusb implementation.
apart from that, we only have to address the hotplug/udev and alike
systems to provide easy automatized device permissions settings

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com