[Nut-upsuser] "No matching HID UPS found" with TrippLite SMX1500LCD

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 26 08:44:34 UTC 2008

Selon Roman Serbski <mefystofel at gmail.com> le Lun 25 fév 15:22:42 2008 :

>> > Controller /dev/usb2:
>> > addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
>> > Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
>> > port 1 powered
>> > port 2 addr 2: low speed, power 100 mA, config 1, TRIPP LITE
>> > UPS(0x2005), Tripp Lite(0x09ae), rev 0.10
>> >
>> > According to http://www.networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html it
>> > looks like SMX1500LCD is supported (by usbhid-ups).
>> >
>> > However, whenever I try to start nut I see the following error:
>> >
>> > No matching HID UPS found
>> > Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>>
>> It seems that this product is not known. Could you please try to add
>> an entry for it in src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs ?
>
> Thanks Thierry. Am I right that 0x2005 belongs to 'product' and 0x09ae
> to 'vendor'?

Yes, that should be this way. But there is a strange thing: Tripp-Lite
is already recorded with the vendor id 0x2478. May be they have 2
divisions with different strings? It would be interesting to test it...

And as Charles Lepple wrote, it could be also required to add a line in
src/sys/dev/usb/usb_quirks.c, after the line:

/* Devices which should be ignored by uhid */

Best regards,
--
Th. Thomas.