[Nut-upsuser] Cyberpower Value 600E UPS (unlisted) working

Arnaud Quette ArnaudQuette at Eaton.com
Thu Jul 3 12:58:22 UTC 2008

Hi Thomas,

Le mercredi 02 juillet 2008 à 18:52 +0200, Thomas Backman a écrit :
> Hey! I just bought my first UPS, a Cyberpower Value 600E, and set it
> up using NUT 2.2.x (on Gentoo x86_64). Everything is working great,
> using the usbhid-ups driver, and the UPS isn't on the compatibility
> lists, so I figured I'd post a little heads-up that it works. The
> battery appears to be the main difference from the 400E and 800E
> models, so I expect them to work as well.
> I'm not sure that you're the right guy, I just took the address shown
> to last modify the stable compatibility list. Feel free to direct me
> to the mailing lists if necessary; I just didn't feel like signing up
> to simply post this.

thanks for this report.
I've just commited this into the trunk, adding the 3 entries below:
"Cyber Power Systems"   "Value 400E"            "USB"   "usbhid-ups"
"Cyber Power Systems"   "Value 600E"            "USB"   "usbhid-ups"
"Cyber Power Systems"   "Value 800E"            "USB"   "usbhid-ups"

> /Thomas
>
> PS. Here's the full variable list. Oh, and thanks to all of you for
> some great software, I guess :)

thanks for all of us ;-)

> # upsc serverups
> battery.charge: 98
> battery.charge.low: 10
> battery.charge.warning: 20
> battery.mfr.date: CPS

this one is bad

> battery.runtime: 588
> battery.runtime.low: 300
> battery.type: PbAcid
> battery.voltage: 19.9
> battery.voltage.nominal: 12
> driver.name: usbhid-ups
> driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/hiddev0

this is not needed. putting "auto" should be sufficient in your case...

> driver.version: 2.2.2
> driver.version.data: CyberPower HID 0.1
> driver.version.internal: 0.33
> input.transfer.high: 280
> input.transfer.low: 180
> input.voltage: 232.0
> input.voltage.nominal: 230
> output.voltage: 232.0
> ups.beeper.status: enabled
> ups.delay.shutdown: 20
> ups.delay.start: 30
> ups.load: 37
> ups.mfr: CPS
> ups.model: UPS VALUE

this one seems strange.
can you send back the output of "lsusb -v" and "usbhid-ups -DDD
-a serverups" in gzip'ed form please?

> ups.productid: 0501
> ups.realpower.nominal: 360
> ups.status: OL CHRG