[Nut-upsuser] Old APC SmartUPS 1250, Nut 2.2.2 Fedora 9

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 12:50:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:36 AM, Don Harvie <donharvie at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've got two APC SmartUPS's that behave differently with nut, I have a
> SmartUPS1400 & a SmartUPS1250.
> I'm fairly sure this isn't a nut problem but more likely a problem with
> the age of the SmartUPS1250 and the apcsmart driver not being able to
> identify it. Under the APC Powerchute software the same monitoring &
> command parameters are available for both UPS's but not with nut. Is
> there a way of being able to monitor voltages/load etc on the SmartUPS1250?
> Here is the apcsmart debug output for the old 1250:
> # apcsmart  -D -D -D -D -D -D -D -D -D -a smartups1250
> Network UPS Tools (version 2.2.2) - APC Smart protocol driver
>         Driver version 1.99.8, command table version 2.0
> debug level is '9'
> Attempting firmware lookup
> Attempting to contact older Smart-UPS version
> APC - Attempting to find command set
> update_status
> Detected Smart-UPS [07025563] on /dev/ttyS0

It looks like your UPS needs to be added to the list of model identifiers here:

Note the other SmartUPS1250 comment.

Does the APC software list a three-character firmware identifier? (If
there is a screen of identification information there, that might be
handy to send.)

Arjen: looks like you added some identifiers to this list previously.
Would you have any objection to moving the upsdebugx() line up so that
the firmware version gets printed before firmware_table_lookup()

- Charles Lepple