[Nut-upsuser] Old APC SmartUPS 1250, Nut 2.2.2 Fedora 9

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 18:21:14 UTC 2008

2008/7/10 Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org>:
>>> I've modified the apcsmart driver source & briefly tested against
>>> the 1250 with no issues noted yet.
>>>
>>> I've attached a patchfile for apcsmart.c & apcsmart.h with the
>>> extra bits I've added.
>>
>> thanks for testing that. I just committed that to the SVN trunk, so
>> it should be part of the next release of NUT.
>
> Looking at the changes, I noticed a pattern here. This is also what the
> people that maintain 'apcupsd' write about it:
>
> http://www.apcupsd.org/manual/APC_smart_protocol.html

I very much like the 2nd paragraph ;-)
the last maintainer (Kern Sibbald) was too convinced of the far
superiority of his project the last time I contacted them to propose
to work together. I may one day contact back Adam Kropeling, who was
more opened iirc...

but getting back things in NUT from this kinda fork is always good ;-)

thanks,
Arnaud