[Nut-upsuser] Old APC SmartUPS 1250, Nut 2.2.2 Fedora 9

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Jul 11 10:27:25 UTC 2008

> Ok referencing that table against my 1250 the 8TI is spot on
> (SmartUPS1250, Standalone 230V).
>
> However comparing the interpretation of the New Firmware against the
> SmartsUPS 1400  (ups.firmware: 70.9.I) It may be a little inaccurate.

No, it isn't. We only use the (old) 'V' command if the (new) 'b' command
fails. Apparently, your UPS already replied to the latter, so we would
never see the reply to the 'V' command anyway and what is reported is the
answer we got for the 'b' command.

> It's standalone, not rack mount & what does the 0 behind the 7 denote.

The format of the reply to the 'b' command is totally different. See the
link I posted earlier.

> V returns KWI  Which on the old decode Is also rack mount - so maybe
> I've got rack mount firmware.....

Usually the difference between standalone or rackmount (from the NUT point
of view at least) is irrelevant.