[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite Smart1000LCD problem with revision > r1071

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Mar 4 16:01:47 UTC 2008

> The drivers starts but is not connecting.
>
> Upon exiting upsdrvctl with the output I already copied, upsd is not
> able to connect to the device:

That's different from what you told before. You wrote you had a problem
with 'upsdrvctl'. In this case, you need to run the driver with debug
level 2 ('-DD') so that we can see if it opens a listening socket. If it
does and 'upsd' is still not able to connect, the problem is in the
server, not the driver. If it doesn't, you want to run the driver again
with debug level 3 ('-DDD') so that we can see what prevents the driver
from opening the socket.