[Nut-upsuser] upsc does not dig connection from other hosts

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 08:47:02 UTC 2008

2008/10/14 Han Boetes <han at mijncomputer.nl>:
> Arnauds,
>
> It does work! I just had to completely stop upsd to make it reload
> the configuration file.
>
> Looks like two things don't work like one would expect reading
> from the documentation.
>
>  1) "upsd -c reload" does not reread the configuration. One should
>     do: "upsd -c stop; upsd"

strange, it worked there. Guess my distros... (just a bit more recent though)
gotta dig a bit more, but I don't recall having made changes in this
area since 2.0.4
can you send me the following output:
- ls -la /etc/nut
- getent group nut
- getent passwd nut
- upsd.conf file too

>  2) Putting more than one ACCEPT line in upsd.conf does not work
>     either. Use only one rule.

I'll fix the documentation accordingly.

> Of course this might be the result of debian not upgrading
> packages like they should. This is nut-2.0.4.

not sure to understand you there?
Debian is perfect, so as too its developers ;-)

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com